google analytics

Friday 28 May 2010

Photos from Kenya

I was very lucky to be able to visit Kenya for work.  It was really busy but great, I didn't get too much opportunity to play with my camera I did manage to squeeze in a few pics!

The number 1 secretarial agency in Nyeri, I fell over spectacularly before taking this photo, I blame it on the storm drain...

We came across these plants while taking a walk in the woods outside Nairobi the first day I arrived.  They were at least 7 foot and spectactular.

above: A hibiscus flower as big as my head, taken in the hotel's wonderful garden.
below: the wonderful Kitingela glass shop in Nairobi.  The outside is just as spectacular

below: The view from my balcony window, the hotel in Nairobi was a peacful santuary compared to the craziness of Nairobi.  

Towards the end of the trip we visited a community peace museum in Nyeri, which is about 2 hours drive from Nairobi.  I created a photobook of my pictures, which can be viewed here (pls ignore the sales hype, I can't get it to allow viewing without it).

You can also ready an article about my photography course, recent trip to Kenya and the Open University student experience.


1 comment:

  1. Lucky you. Really fab pictures. What wonderful memories you must have
    A x

    ReplyDelete